What's better than cooking outside in summer with fresh, local ingredients?
Learn how easy it can be to make pizza from scratch as chef Liz demonstrates how to do just that in our outdoor earth oven. After the perfect pizzas are prepared, attendees will dine al fresco on the porch or the grass at our beautiful Old House.
Kids age 10+ welcome to join with at least one adult.
- Thursday July 23 from 6-8PM
- Thursday August 20 from 6-8PM
- Thursday September 17 from 6-8PM
About Chef Liz
Liz Walkowicz is a graduate of the Culinary Institute of America and has taught private cooking classes for more than 20 years. A longtime culinary professional, she was the Executive Chef for Mullen Advertising and Culinary Director of Eurostoves. Presently, she followed her love of baking to Honeycomb Bakery in Hamilton, MA. She is passionate using local and sustainable products and produce in her classes and is thrilled to continue teaching at her favorite farm!
Please note: Participants will be asked to follow Covid-19 related guidelines, including wearing face coverings and maintaining social distance. If you are experiencing symptoms, please do not attend the event.
Space is limited for this event and pre-registration is required.
We will meet at the Farm Offices building.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Please book in advance: All attendees MUST book in advance join a cooking class, to allow our chefs to plan their ingredients and menus.
- Last minute bookings: If you’re booking your ticket less than 48 hours in advance of a cooking class, we ask that you please email firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know.
- Program Refunds/Cancellations: In the event that a program is cancelled due to severe weather, low enrollment, or other circumstances, we will notify you as soon as possible by email and issue you a full refund within 14 days of the cancellation. If you cannot attend a program as planned, contact email@example.com at least 7 days prior to the start of the program to receive a full refund or transfer to another date/class. Refunds and/or class transfers will not be granted for registration cancellations placed fewer than 7 days before the start of the program. There are no refunds for missed classes. Appleton Farms reserves the right to change program locations, schedules, or instructors when necessary.
- Where to park: When you arrive at the farm, go right at the fork (towards Farm Offices) and park in the lot next to the Old House / Farm Offices.
- Buy out a class/private classes: Have a group that wants to take a class or program together? We have options to buy out our classes and/or create public private versions. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Directions to the Farm: On 1A South, farm is about two miles south of downtown Ipswich. When you see Presbyterian Church on your right, it’s a little more than a quarter of a mile to the farm entrance, on your right. If you reach downtown Hamilton, you have gone too far. ON 1A North, farm is about four miles north of downtown Hamilton. When you see Entering Ipswich sign on your left, it’s about a quarter of a mile to the farm entrance, on your left. If you reach downtown Ipswich, you have gone too far.
This event is part of the Appleton Cooks! program. For more information about Appleton Cooks! and similar events please click here.