Discover Your Inner Artisan: Fiber Arts – Needle Felted Soap
Appleton Farms will launch a new adult artisan workshop series focused on seasonal farm-inspired artisanal skills. Craft workshops include topics such as at-home beauty products like lip balms and healing salves, soap making and needle felting soap, and various floral crafts such as arranging, drying, and pressing. These classes are meant to reunite us with the land that support us through traditional craft education, skill building workshops, and field experiences. Using Appleton Farms as our classroom, we will lead participants through in-depth and hands-on educational programs to teach new skills and inspire appreciation for New England's natural resources. These classes are designed for novices and each topic is inspired by the season.
Using locally crafted all-natural soaps and wool rovings, this needle felting workshop introduces you to the world of fiber arts through an approachable, fun fiber arts craft. Included in the class are instructions both wet felting and needle felting. Participants can create their own designs or use stencils to design and felt their soaps. Meet Appleton Farms fiber animals during the programs – our merino sheep and angora rabbits, and learn about how wool is harvested, processed and dyed.
Tuesday, July 14th 6:30-8:30pm – Natural Homemade Beauty
Saturday, July 18th 10:30am-12:30pm - Summer Flowers
Tuesday, July 28th 6:30-8:30pm – Fiber Arts: Needle Felting Soap
Tuesday, August 11th 6:30-8:30pm – Natural Homemade Beauty
Saturday, August 15th 10:30am-12:30pm - Summer Flowers
Tuesday, August 25th 6:30-8:30pm - Fiber Arts – Needle Felting Soap
Tuesday, September 8th 6:30-8:30pm – Natural Homemade Beauty
Saturday, September 12th 10:30am-12:30pm Summer Flowers
Tuesday, September 22nd 6:30-8:30 – Fiber Arts – Needle Felting Soap
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Please book in advance: All attendees MUST book in advance join a program. Many classes sell out so we recommend booking at least two (2) weeks in advance. If you’d like to join a wait list for a class, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Program Confirmations: We do not have physical tickets for our programs. You will receive a confirmation receipt after purchasing the class and we will email you 1-2 days in advance with additional information. There is no need to bring a printed confirmation to class.
- Last minute bookings: If you’re booking your ticket less than 48 hours in advance of a program, we ask that you please email email@example.com to give us a heads up so we can alert the chef. In some cases, our chefs will need to prep several days in advance and will not be able to accommodate last minute bookings.
- Program Refunds/Cancellations: In the event that a program is cancelled due to severe weather, low enrollment, or other circumstances, we will notify you as soon as possible by email and issue you a full refund within 14 days of the cancellation. If you cannot attend a program as planned, contact firstname.lastname@example.org at least 7 days prior to the start of the program to receive a full refund or transfer to another date/class. Refunds and/or class transfers will not be granted for registration cancellations placed fewer than 7 days before the start of the program. There are no refunds for missed classes. Appleton Farms reserves the right to change program locations, schedules, or instructors when necessary.
- Directions to the Farm: On 1A South, farm is about two miles south of downtown Ipswich. When you see Presbyterian Church on your right, it’s a little more than a quarter of a mile to the farm entrance, on your right. If you reach downtown Hamilton, you have gone too far. ON 1A North, farm is about four miles north of downtown Hamilton. When you see Entering Ipswich sign on your left, it’s about a quarter of a mile to the farm entrance, on your left. If you reach downtown Ipswich, you have gone too far.
- Where to park: Once you’ve turned off IA, drive to the first fork in the road and then bear to the right, following sign for Farm Offices. Continue following the road, all the way to the end and then proceed straight into the Farm Offices parking lot, where you can park. Enter the farmhouse through the front door (larger porch), where you will be greeted.
- Buy out a class/private classes: Bring your team or group to the Farm for a private artisan class! We have options to buy out our classes and/or create public private versions. Email email@example.com for more information.