What better way to welcome summer in New England than to get outside and learn something new?
Join us at Appleton Farms for an exciting and informative bird walk. The birds of summer are busy raising their young. We'll walk around the property and observe families of birds feeding and interacting with one another. In September, we'll observe the start of the southbound migration.
Additionally, we will look for the birds that breed on the the Appleton Farm property. Come enjoy the fresh air, bond with other nature enthusiasts, and prepare to be impressed by Mother Nature. All levels of birding skill, knowledge and experience are welcome and encouraged to attend.
This class will meet in front of the Farm Offices building.
- Saturday July 11 from 9-10:30 am
- Saturday July 25 from 9-10:30 am
- Saturday August 8 from 9-10:30 am
- Saturday August 22 from 9-10:30 am
- Saturday September 12 from 9-10:30 am
- Saturday September 26 from 9-10:30 am
Dave Williams has been birding for more than 40 years. He has lead numerous walks in Essex county for the Brookline Bird Club, MA Audubon, and the Trustees. He has been a summer seasonal Ranger at Crane Beach for the past 14 years.
Please note: Participants will be asked to follow Covid-19 related guidelines, including wearing face coverings and maintaining social distance. If you are experiencing symptoms, please do not attend the event.
Space is limited for this event and pre-registration is strongly recommended.
We will meet at the Farm Offices building.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Program Refunds/Cancellations: In the event that a program is cancelled due to severe weather, low enrollment, or other circumstances, we will notify you as soon as possible by email and issue you a full refund within 14 days of the cancellation. If you cannot attend a program as planned, contact firstname.lastname@example.org at least 7 days prior to the start of the program to receive a full refund or transfer to another date/class. Refunds and/or class transfers will not be granted for registration cancellations placed fewer than 7 days before the start of the program. There are no refunds for missed classes. Appleton Farms reserves the right to change program locations, schedules, or instructors when necessary.
- Where to park: When you arrive at the farm, go right at the fork (towards Farm Offices) and park in the lot next to the Old House / Farm Offices.
- Buy out a class/private classes: Have a group that wants to take a class or program together? We have options to buy out our classes and/or create public private versions. Email email@example.com for more information.
- Directions to the Farm: On 1A South, farm is about two miles south of downtown Ipswich. When you see Presbyterian Church on your right, it’s a little more than a quarter of a mile to the farm entrance, on your right. If you reach downtown Hamilton, you have gone too far. ON 1A North, farm is about four miles north of downtown Hamilton. When you see Entering Ipswich sign on your left, it’s about a quarter of a mile to the farm entrance, on your left. If you reach downtown Ipswich, you have gone too far.