Summer is in full swing here at the farm. We invite your little farmers to experience life at the farm as we explore the farmstead and watch our vegetables grow. Through farm “chores,” such as collecting eggs and brushing rabbits, and other age-appropriate hands-on activities, stories, and adventures, little farmers will become fully immersed in what life is like for a farmer. Each session will last 1 hour and will have a different theme such as “What Plants Need to Grow”.
Pre-registration is required. This is a four-week series offered on Wednesdays in July. This program is recommended for children age 2 years 9 months to age 4. Adult supervision is required, this is not a drop off program. Fee covers all four weeks for one adult and child. Younger siblings are welcome with an additional fee of $24/$30 for member/nonmembers.
July 8, July 15, July 22, July 29
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Please book in advance: All attendees MUST book in advance join a program. Many classes sell out so we recommend booking at least two (2) weeks in advance. If you’d like to join a wait list for a class, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Program Confirmations: We do not have physical tickets for our programs. You will receive a confirmation receipt after purchasing the class and we will email you 1-2 days in advance with additional information. There is no need to bring a printed confirmation to class.
- Last minute bookings: If you’re booking your ticket less than 48 hours in advance of a program, we ask that you please email email@example.com to give us a heads up so we can alert the chef. In some cases, our chefs will need to prep several days in advance and will not be able to accommodate last minute bookings.
- Program Refunds/Cancellations: In the event that a program is cancelled due to severe weather, low enrollment, or other circumstances, we will notify you as soon as possible by email and issue you a full refund within 14 days of the cancellation. If you cannot attend a program as planned, contact firstname.lastname@example.org at least 7 days prior to the start of the program to receive a full refund or transfer to another date/class. Refunds and/or class transfers will not be granted for registration cancellations placed fewer than 7 days before the start of the program. There are no refunds for missed classes. Appleton Farms reserves the right to change program locations, schedules, or instructors when necessary.
- Directions to the Farm: On 1A South, farm is about two miles south of downtown Ipswich. When you see Presbyterian Church on your right, it’s a little more than a quarter of a mile to the farm entrance, on your right. If you reach downtown Hamilton, you have gone too far. ON 1A North, farm is about four miles north of downtown Hamilton. When you see Entering Ipswich sign on your left, it’s about a quarter of a mile to the farm entrance, on your left. If you reach downtown Ipswich, you have gone too far.
- Where to park: Once you’ve turned off IA, drive to the first fork in the road and then bear to the right, following sign for Farm Offices. Continue following the road, all the way to the end and then proceed straight into the Farm Offices parking lot, where you can park. Enter the farmhouse through the front door (larger porch), where you will be greeted.