This event has been cancelled.
Say goodbye to the cold and celebrate the arrival of warmer weather here on the Farm! While we often associate eggs with the Easter Bunny, in many cultures eggs symbolize new life and are tied with the coming of spring. At this event, we celebrate spring, new life on the farm, and the bounty of fresh eggs produced by our hens. Go on the “Egg-cellent” Quest around the farm and learn about the journey from egg to chicken, collecting Easter eggs at each station to complete the Quest!
Visit with our bunnies, sheep and goats and play games in the stone paddock!
There will be food for sale available. Please bring cash.
There are two times to choose from: 10:00-11:30 am or 1:00-2:30 pm. Please plan arrive at the start of time window that you sign up for so you have enough time for your Quest and other activities. Bring a basket of your own to collect the Quest eggs. Recommended for ages 2-6, but all are welcome!
Tickets: Trustees Member Child $10, Nonmember Child $15. There is a $5 fee for Nonmember adults. Member adults can attend for free.
Allergy Notes: Please know that this is not an allergy free event.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Please book in advance: All attendees MUST book in advance join a program. Many classes sell out so we recommend booking at least two (2) weeks in advance. If you’d like to join a wait list for a class, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Program Confirmations: We do not have physical tickets for our programs. You will receive a confirmation receipt after purchasing the class and we will email you 1-2 days in advance with additional information. There is no need to bring a printed confirmation to class.
- Last minute bookings: If you’re booking your ticket less than 48 hours in advance of a program, we ask that you please email email@example.com to give us a heads up so we can alert the chef. In some cases, our chefs will need to prep several days in advance and will not be able to accommodate last minute bookings.
- Program Refunds/Cancellations: In the event that a program is cancelled due to severe weather, low enrollment, or other circumstances, we will notify you as soon as possible by email and issue you a full refund within 14 days of the cancellation. If you cannot attend a program as planned, contact firstname.lastname@example.org at least 7 days prior to the start of the program to receive a full refund or transfer to another date/class. Refunds and/or class transfers will not be granted for registration cancellations placed fewer than 7 days before the start of the program. There are no refunds for missed classes. Appleton Farms reserves the right to change program locations, schedules, or instructors when necessary.
- Directions to the Farm: On 1A South, farm is about two miles south of downtown Ipswich. When you see Presbyterian Church on your right, it’s a little more than a quarter of a mile to the farm entrance, on your right. If you reach downtown Hamilton, you have gone too far. ON 1A North, farm is about four miles north of downtown Hamilton. When you see Entering Ipswich sign on your left, it’s about a quarter of a mile to the farm entrance, on your left. If you reach downtown Ipswich, you have gone too far.
- Where to park: Once you've turned off 1A and entered onto the Farm property, bear to the left when you reach the fork in the road, following the sign for the Farm Store. Proceed to the store and park in the store lot.
- Buy out a class/private classes: Bring your team or group to the Farm for a private cooking class! We have options to buy out our classes and/or create public private versions. Email email@example.com for more information.