This event has been cancelled.
If you'd like to expore having backyard chickens (and fresh eggs on demand!) but don't know where to start, this introductory class is for you!
Led by Rev. Jamie Green Klopotoski, this class will be a discussion on recommended breeds for backyard chickens in New England, where to buy your chickens, how to care for baby chicks vs adult chickens, information about egg laying, tips for buying or building a coop, and tips for choosing equipment, food, and supplies. There will also be plenty of time for Q&A. Participants will receive handouts with all pertinent information.
About Rev. Jamie Green Klopotoski
Rev. Jamie Green Klopotoski, owner and brewer of Agape Brewing Community in Gloucester, has been raising backyard chickens in West Gloucester since March 2015. Agape Brewing Community is a new nonprofit brewery in Gloucester with the mission to brew beer, to build community, and to change the world.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Please book in advance: All attendees MUST book in advance join a program. Many classes sell out so we recommend booking at least two (2) weeks in advance. If you’d like to join a wait list for a class, please email email@example.com.
- Program Confirmations: We do not have physical tickets for our programs. You will receive a confirmation receipt after purchasing the class and we will email you 1-2 days in advance with additional information. There is no need to bring a printed confirmation to class.
- Last minute bookings: If you’re booking your ticket less than 48 hours in advance of a program, we ask that you please email firstname.lastname@example.org to give us a heads up so we can alert the chef. In some cases, our chefs will need to prep several days in advance and will not be able to accommodate last minute bookings.
- Program Refunds/Cancellations: In the event that a program is cancelled due to severe weather, low enrollment, or other circumstances, we will notify you as soon as possible by email and issue you a full refund within 14 days of the cancellation. If you cannot attend a program as planned, contact email@example.com at least 7 days prior to the start of the program to receive a full refund or transfer to another date/class. Refunds and/or class transfers will not be granted for registration cancellations placed fewer than 7 days before the start of the program. There are no refunds for missed classes. Appleton Farms reserves the right to change program locations, schedules, or instructors when necessary.
- Where to park: Once you’ve turned off IA, drive to the first fork in the road and then bear to the right, following sign for Farm Offices. Continue following the road, all the way to the end and then proceed straight into the Farm Offices parking lot, where you can park. Enter the farmhouse through the front door (larger porch), where you will be greeted.
- Buy out a class/private classes: Have a group that wants to take a class together? We have options to buy out our classes and/or create public private versions. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.