This event has been cancelled.
Learn to navigate the wine aisle like a seasoned sommelier. Our Wine 101 class covers the basics of selecting, tasting, and pairing the best international, domestic and local wines. We'll explore different grape varieties and styles of wine and uncover the mysteries of food and wine pairing. Six wines will be paired with a variety of local treats from local farmers and food artisans.
We're thrilled to partner with Chef Jen Murray to bring her popular wine experience to Appleton Farms this season!
- Local Sparkling White Wine paired with fresh fruit
- New Zealand White Wine paired with a Goat Cheese Crostini
- Local Rose paired with fresh pasta
- French Pinot Noir paired with assorted cured meats
- California Syrah paired with thinly sliced pork tenderloin
- California Cabernet Sauvignon paired with spiced Nuts and chocolate
About the Chef/Teacher
Jen Murray, DipWSET graduated from The Cambridge School of Culinary Arts in 2002. Her passion for food and wine only deepened as she traveled to numerous countries strengthening her skills and knowledge. She went back to school for wine in 2006 and completed the Elizabeth Bishop Wine Program at BU. In 2012, she completed the 2 year diploma program through Wine & Spirit Eduction Trust. Jen is the owner of The Urban Chef Inc. and continues to teach food and wine courses at the CSCA and The Kitchen.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Please book in advance: All attendees MUST book in advance join a program. Many classes sell out so we recommend booking at least two (2) weeks in advance. If you’d like to join a wait list for a class, please email email@example.com.
- Program Confirmations: We do not have physical tickets for our programs. You will receive a confirmation receipt after purchasing the class and we will email you 1-2 days in advance with additional information. There is no need to bring a printed confirmation to class.
- Last minute bookings: If you’re booking your ticket less than 48 hours in advance of a program, we ask that you please email firstname.lastname@example.org to give us a heads up so we can alert the chef. In some cases, our chefs will need to prep several days in advance and will not be able to accommodate last minute bookings.
- Program Refunds/Cancellations: In the event that a program is cancelled due to severe weather, low enrollment, or other circumstances, we will notify you as soon as possible by email and issue you a full refund within 14 days of the cancellation. If you cannot attend a program as planned, contact email@example.com at least 7 days prior to the start of the program to receive a full refund or transfer to another date/class. Refunds and/or class transfers will not be granted for registration cancellations placed fewer than 7 days before the start of the program. There are no refunds for missed classes. Appleton Farms reserves the right to change program locations, schedules, or instructors when necessary.
- Where to park: When you arrive at the farm, go right at the fork (towards Farm Offices) and park in the lot next to the Old House / Farm Offices. Enter through the front door of the white farm house (the Old House) where you will be greeted.
- Buy out a class/private classes: Have a group that wants to take a class together? We have options to buy out our classes and/or create public private versions. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
This event is part of the Appleton Cooks! program. For more information about Appleton Cooks! and similar events please click here.