Hikes, walks, and snowy jaunts are plenty of fun on their own but if you're looking to enhance your experience, stop by the visitor center to add to your fun! We offer equipment rentals as well as toasty concessions, a wood stove to warm up by, and visitor center exploration for kids and adults alike. Rentals and services are available Saturdays and Sundays from 10am to 3pm, weather permitting. All rentals are first come, first serve. Stop by the cabin for more information or to sign out some gear!
- Snowshoe Rentals - Members: $9, Nonmembers: $15
- Don't let the snow slow you down! Borrow a pair of snowshoes for your walk in the woods. We have kids sizes too!
- Hot drinks and snacks - Pricing varies
- We'll offer hot tea, coffee, and cocoa, as well as granola bars and other snacks. Weather permitting, we'll sell s'mores fixins for an outdoor bonfire.
- Skating - FREE!
- CONDITIONS PERMITTING: Chickering Pond will be open for skating again! BYO skates and check-in at the visitor center to confirm ice conditions, drop your boots, and warm up post-skate.
- Adventure Packs - Members: FREE, Nonmembers: $5
- Filled with essentials for young explorers (ages 3-7) like binoculars, field guide, notebook, magnifying glass, and more!
For updates, including cancellations and weather conditions, please check our Facebook page: facebook.com/rockywoodsma