Start off the year by learning something new! Join us in our FARM kitchen for this four part series designed to get kids more comfortable cooking. Kids can sign up for one class or all four!
For ages 5-10.
Jan 13: Intro to Cooking & Kitchen Safety
· Kitchen safety
· Knife safety
· Homemade fruit salad (practice knife skills)
- Bananas, strawberries, apples, grapes
Jan 27: All About Eggs!
· Egg facts & collection (weather permitting)
· How to crack eggs
· Various uses of eggs
- Scrambled eggs
- Pancakes from scratch
Feb 10: Plants vs. Animals!
· Plant protein (beans, seeds, nuts, rice, corn, tofu, etc.)
· Animal protein (meat, fish, poultry, eggs, milk, & cheese)
· Utilizing both kinds
- Vegan burgers from scratch
- Beef burgers
Feb 24: Dessert Day!
· Baking vs. cooking
- Monster cookies
- Chia seed pudding (to bring home)