Safety When Visiting Tully Lake Campground (Required)
The Trustees asks that visitors follow these social distancing guidelines for the health and safety of all, and to help keep properties open in these challenging times:
- Please bring your own mask and plenty of hand sanitizer
- Mask: Visitors (over the age of 2) must wear face coverings while away from the visitor’s campsite and on the campground (this includes restrooms, ranger station, parking lots, and boat rental area).
- Distancing: Maintain at least 6 feet of separation from anyone else who is not from their immediate party, including stepping aside on the trail to let others pass.
- Check-in/Check-out: Please have one party member from your group handle check-in and check-out.
- Capacity: No more than 8 people per campsite. The site fee covers 4 people per a campsite. $6 per additional person.
- Visitors: Additional visitors are not permitted from outside the campground. Activities between or among more than one campsite group are not permitted
- Parking: No more than 2 cars per campsite- Please carpool to help congestion. Each vehicle must check in at Ranger station and register their car. $10 fee per extra car
- Dogs: Please keep dogs leashed and away from other visitors at all times
Campground Operations - What to Expect
- There will be hand sanitizing stations at the ranger station, restrooms, carts and boat house.
- Bathrooms have a 4-person limit. Please be mindful of others and use the facilities in a timely manner.
- Portable toilets will be available at the main campsite trail heads.
- Stand six feet apart while waiting in line outside the restrooms, outdoor sinks, and portable potties.
- Limited items for sale outside the Ranger station door- wood, fire starters, matches, sunscreen, bug spray, propane, ice, and toiletries. No food items will be for sale at this time.
- Boat rentals are available for Campers only:
- 4-hour rentals: $50: 8am to 1pm and 3pm to 8pm
- Full day rentals $80
- 2-day rental $120
- 3-day rental $150
- 5-day rental $200
Our Cleaning and Hygiene Protocols
- We established cleaning and disinfecting protocols utilizing best practice recommendations from the CDC and the Massachusetts EOEEA
- In addition to the daily cleanings, our staff will regularly perform more frequent disinfecting of high-touch surfaces such as door handles, counters, faucets, sinks, toilet seats, flush handles, and dispensers for soap, paper towel & hand sanitizers according to their level of usage.
- All of our restrooms have adequate hand washing capability with soap and fresh water.
- Guests are encouraged to wash their hands frequently for at least 20 seconds using soap and fresh water.
- We installed hand sanitizers at all public touch points throughout the campground
- We will be working hard to regularly clean and sanitize our facilities restrooms and showers. We ask guests to take personal responsibility to wipe down surfaces prior to touching them, and again after touching them. This will go a long way in helping to stop the transmission of germs and viruses.
2020 Camping Season
July 1 - October 12th
March 2: Reservations open for May 1 – June 18
March 9: Reservations open for June 19 – July 23
March 16: Reservations open for July 24 – August 27
March 23: Reservations open for August 27 – October 12
Reservations open online each day at 7AM.
Daily camping Memorial Day Weekend, May 22 to September 13.
Weekends only September 18 to October 12.
Tip for finding available campsites: on step one click "Full Availability Search"
*A reservation link will be made available as booking dates open. Reservations open at 7AM on each of the aforementioned dates.
Reservation System Operation
All reservations are made on a first come first serve basis. Reservations are not complete (i.e. sites are not officially reserved) until the transaction has been fully processed. There are four steps in the transaction process:
- Enter Contact Information
- Select Date(s)
- Select Camp Site
- Submit Payment
The Trustees are committed to making the reservation process as fair as possible for all members of the public. Please be mindful that, due to increasing demand and limited camp sites, reservations are made very quickly.
(1 night, Mon–Thurs)
|$36/$40 per night
||$31.50/$35 per night
(2 nights, Fri–Sat or Sat–Sun)
|$76.50/$85 per two nights
||$67.50/$75 per two nights
Please note: Memorial Day, July 4th, Labor Day, and Columbus Day weekends are minimum 3-night bookings.
- Site fees include 4 campers and 2 vehicles.
- $6 per night per extra person. 8 people limit per site (excluding children 4 and under).
- $10 per extra car on weekends & holidays, $7 per extra car on weeknights.
- Group Site - Sites 26 A,B,C – is available for group reservations from February 1 – March 4. Beginning March 7, these sites will become available online on a first come first basis. Please call for group reservation details.
Tully Lake check-in time is at 2PM and check-out time is 12Noon.
When reservations open, here are a few things to remember:
- To make your reservation online you must use a credit card (American Express, Visa, or MasterCard).
- Trustees Members receive 10% off their site fees for one site per reservation. You must have our member discount code to save 10% off your reservation. To retrieve the member discount code, click here.
- A minimum stay of two nights is required for weekends
- A minimum stay of three nights is required for Holiday Weekends including: Memorial Day, July 4, Labor Day, and Columbus Day.
- Campsites are booked on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Only one reservation per transaction.
- There is a two site maximum per transaction.
- Campsites may be rented for no more than 14 consecutive days.
- Visit our FAQ page for more information
- Download the campground map (pdf).
Group Camping Policy
- Any private group reserving 3 sites or more is entitled to a 10% discount on site fees.
- Any charitable group or non-profit organization is entitled to a 10% discount on site fees for any number of sites.
Note: Group discounts apply to the Group Site only (Site 26A,B,C). Group site reservations must be made between February 1 – 28. To make a group reservation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Visitors that do not arrive or call 978.249.4957 by 8PM on the first day of their reservation are not eligible for a refund and are not guaranteed their site.
- For cancellations made 7 days or less before arrival, no refunds are given.
- For cancellations made more than 7 days before arrival, one day’s site fee (per reserved site) and a $20 processing fee will be kept and the remainder may be refunded or credited to another reservation for that season only.
- For cancellations made 14 days or more before arrival, a $20 processing fee will be kept and the remainder will be refunded or credited towards a different reservation in that season only.
- Cyanobacteria blooms & Cancellations: If a bloom is posted, we will notify you via email if your reservation occurs during an active bloom. If the bloom is posted as active within 7 days of your arrival, and you wish to cancel, we will honor the "more than 7 days before arrival" policy. Otherwise, normal cancellation policy is in effect.
What are cyanobacteria blooms?
Over the last few years we have experienced cyanobacteria blooms at Tully. Cyanobacteria, also called blue-green algae, is a naturally occurring organism that, Generally, it loves and grows well in the same warm and relatively dry weather that we like to camp in!
The blooms are a concern to both The Trustees and the Army Corps of Engineers. We continue to work with our Consultant and water quality experts from the Corps to closely monitor the cyanobacteria population in Tully Lake. We do regular testing and when cyanobacteria concentrations become elevated, we recommend (and post) that people and pets should avoid swimming. Once the high population of cells and toxins are flushed from the lake ( two ‘clear’ tests, 5 days apart), the water is safe for swimming again and the public is notified.
Have questions? Read our Reservation FAQs.
Explore the Campsites >>