Safety When Visiting Tully Lake Campground (Required)
The Trustees asks that visitors follow these social distancing guidelines for the health and safety of all, and to help keep properties open in these challenging times:
- Please bring your own mask and plenty of hand sanitizer
- Mask: Visitors (over the age of 2) must wear face coverings while away from the visitor’s campsite and on the campground (this includes restrooms, ranger station, parking lots, and boat rental area).
- Distancing: Maintain at least 6 feet of separation from anyone else who is not from their immediate party, including stepping aside on the trail to let others pass.
- Check-in/Check-out: Please have one party member from your group handle check-in and check-out.
- Capacity: No more than 8 people per campsite. The site fee covers 4 people per a campsite. $6 per additional person.
- Visitors: Additional visitors are not permitted from outside the campground. Activities between or among more than one campsite group are not permitted
- Parking: No more than 2 cars per campsite- Please carpool to help congestion. Each vehicle must check in at Ranger station and register their car. $10 fee per extra car
- Dogs: Please keep dogs leashed and away from other visitors at all times
Campground Operations - What to Expect
- There will be hand sanitizing stations at the ranger station, restrooms, carts and boat house.
- Bathrooms have a 4-person limit. Please be mindful of others and use the facilities in a timely manner.
- Portable toilets will be available at the main campsite trail heads.
- Stand six feet apart while waiting in line outside the restrooms, outdoor sinks, and portable potties.
- Limited items for sale outside the Ranger station door- wood, fire starters, matches, sunscreen, bug spray, propane, ice, and toiletries. No food items will be for sale at this time.
- Boat rentals are available for Campers only:
- 4-hour rentals: $50: 8am to 1pm and 3pm to 8pm
- Full day rentals $80
- 2-day rental $120
- 3-day rental $150
- 5-day rental $200
Our Cleaning and Hygiene Protocols
- We established cleaning and disinfecting protocols utilizing best practice recommendations from the CDC and the Massachusetts EOEEA
- In addition to the daily cleanings, our staff will regularly perform more frequent disinfecting of high-touch surfaces such as door handles, counters, faucets, sinks, toilet seats, flush handles, and dispensers for soap, paper towel & hand sanitizers according to their level of usage.
- All of our restrooms have adequate hand washing capability with soap and fresh water.
- Guests are encouraged to wash their hands frequently for at least 20 seconds using soap and fresh water.
- We installed hand sanitizers at all public touch points throughout the campground
- We will be working hard to regularly clean and sanitize our facilities restrooms and showers. We ask guests to take personal responsibility to wipe down surfaces prior to touching them, and again after touching them. This will go a long way in helping to stop the transmission of germs and viruses.
Discover real camping adventures in the North Quabbin Region of Central Massachusetts – just 1.5 hours from Boston and Springfield!
2020 Camping Season
July 1 - October 12th
March 2: Reservations open for May 1 – June 18
March 9: Reservations open for June 19 – July 23
March 16: Reservations open for July 24 – August 27
March 23: Reservations open for August 27 – October 12
Reservations open online each day at 7AM.
Daily camping Memorial Day Weekend, May 22 to September 13.
Weekends only September 18 to October 12.
Tully Lake Triathlon Saturday October 17
Camping open Friday October 16 and Saturday October 17 for Triathlon Participants and Volunteers, please email or call us to book a campsite.
Tip for finding available campsites: on step one click "Full Availability Search"
NOTICE: Tully Lake is experiencing a cyanobacteria bloom again and the water may be unsafe for humans or pets. Boating is allowed, however swimming and wading are prohibited until the danger has subsided. We will post updates as they become available.
Here is a helpful link with further information.
Explore the Campsites >>
Tully Lake Campground is your close-to-home wilderness getaway! A tent-only campground set along the shores of a 200-acre lake in Royalston Massachusetts, Tully Lake Campground showcases the best of New England outdoor recreation. Paddle up the picturesque Tully River, or explore the islands and inlets on the lake. Hike to tranquil overlooks and roaring waterfalls, or mountain bike the 7.5-mile loop around Long Pond. Fish off the campground banks or lounge in the refreshing shade of towering pine trees.
Feeling adventurous? You can even plan a two-day trip on the 22 mile Tully Trail loop, or practice your geocaching skills. A horseshoe pit, volleyball net, cornhole board, and a nearby disc-golf course round out the family fun at Tully. But don’t wait to reserve, this campground fills up quick!
- Tent-only campground offers a unique getaway in Royalston, Massachusetts.
- Choose from inland and waterfront campsites. We have carts available for hauling your gear to your site (note: no vehicles are allowed on site).
- Bring the entire family – we offer family-oriented programs throughout the season.
- Dogs are welcome, as long as you bring a copy of their rabies vaccination and keep them on-leash only, please.
- Relax by the water or get out on it: Rent canoes, kayaks, fishing poles, GPS, or disc golf equipment.
- Centrally located bathhouse with flush toilets and coin-operated showers available for guest use.
Learn more about the Tully Trail and the Tully Lake Triathlon.
*The Tully Lake Campground is owned by the Army Corps of Engineers and managed by The Trustees of Reservations.