Historic 109-acre Powisset has been farmed for over 300 years and is surrounded by 2,000 acres of woodlands. Once owned by Amelia Peabody, Powisset Farm is now home to 16 acres of vegetable fields, pastured pigs, grazing fields, walking trails, an educational barnyard, retail farm stand, and state-of-the-art teaching kitchen. Powisset is permanently preserved through the APR (Agricultural Preservation Restriction) program, ensuring it remains a working farm forever.
Farm Shares at Powisset
In 2007, we started our CSA (Community Supported Agriculture) operation with 100 members, and are currently growing for 350 summer shares and 100 winter shares. By purchasing a share at Powisset Farm, CSA members support the farm, create community, and have access to fresh, local, and healthy produce!
Summer share members pick up vegetables at the farm from June – October, and have access to pick-your-own crops as well. Our Farm Stand is open to the public three days a week during the summer and fall, featuring other local products and farm goodies, in addition to Powisset produce. We also grow veggies for the Trustees’ Mobile Market, which serves low-income neighborhoods in Boston.
- Choose 10 or 20 weeks of produce from June-October, with additional fruit and meat share options too!
- Enough veggies for a family of 3-6, or two people who do a good amount of cooking: one to two grocery bags of produce each week.
- Pick-your-own crops throughout the season, including cherry tomatoes, peas and beans, hot peppers, flowers, herbs and berries.
- A weekly blog with information about what to expect in each week's share, recipes, updates from the farmers, and connections to the Powisset community.
- Opportunities to volunteer on the farm, and participate in farm events and workshops.
- Access to value added products such as grass-fed beef, Powisset-raised pork, eggs, honey, jam and more.
Buy a CSA Share >>