We love Massachusetts’ special places, and since you’re here, we bet you do, too. Joining The Trustees is not just a job, it is a commitment to protecting the irreplaceable treasures under our care — we provide powerful connections to nature and culture for residents and visitors, and in doing so we are improving quality of life across the Commonwealth. We’re glad you’re interested in joining us in this important and inspiring work!
At The Trustees, we aim to create a thriving, inclusive workplace that values each member of our team. We aspire to reflect and effectively serve the residents and communities of Massachusetts, who are at the core of our mission.
We offer full-time, part-time, and seasonal positions. Whether you’ve lived in Massachusetts for years, have just relocated, or are here for only a few months; whether you’re in Boston, Stockbridge, or somewhere in between; whether you’re an event planner, a curator, an ecologist, or have a variety of other skills, we have an opportunity for you! When you work for The Trustees, you become part of a dedicated and passionate team.
In support of our staff and their families, we provide comprehensive top-notch benefits and an array of special perks. Full-time, year-round staff can enjoy:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance with employer premium contributions ranging from 75%-85%
- Traditional and Roth 401(k) plan with 5% employer match after one year of employment
- Employer paid life and disability plans
- Paid vacation, sick and personal time; thirteen paid holidays; eight early release Fridays
- Day of Service to travel to another site to work in a group project, from mending fences and clearing trails to thanking donors and mailing membership kits
- Day of Wonder to explore one or more Trustees sites on your own or with colleagues
- Complimentary Member-level access and discounts and 50% discount for Trustees summer camps
- Reciprocity program offering free and discounted admissions and memberships to more than 50 Massachusetts museums and cultural institutions
- And much more!
What our employees love about working at The Trustees
What do our employees enjoy most about their work experience at The Trustees? We ask them! Year after year we hear that our staff:
- feel connected to and inspired by our meaningful mission;
- appreciate working with colleagues who are committed, talented, knowledgeable, and supportive, and who care about one another’s success;
- love working in unique and beautiful places with rich histories;
- experience joy in delighting visitors with meaningful experiences;
- enjoy the variety they find in their day-to-day work at an organization that is thriving and growing;
- appreciate the opportunities they find at The Trustees for creativity and freedom to explore new ideas